[OSM-talk] Hiking Trails

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Wed Aug 15 09:15:37 BST 2007

Nick Whitelegg <nick at hogweed.org> wrote:

> highway=marked_route (route marked by line of cairns or otherwise)
> e.g. Pavey Ark to Harrison Stickle, Lake District

hm, the type of markers could even be added with an additional tag.

> highway=recommended_route (recommended route up a mountain, not on the
> ground) e.g. Ben More, Scotland [ but the recommended route is a slog up
> an extremely steep slope, so not the most fun ascent ever...]

Nice! Sounds exactly what I would need for my trails. Almost perfect in
combination with highway=footway as a third type of way.

Sven

--
How to prevent Java from forking? Use a spoon.
(Found on http://slashdot.org)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web