[OSM-talk] Korean roads and highways

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Aug 15 09:59:19 BST 2007

In message <bf60a2e10708150146y3b46067en793c71fd11a5a2e4 at mail.gmail.com>
        Jeffrey Martin <dogshed at gmail.com> wrote:

> For example one part of a US Highway (black and white shield) might
> look like a UK motorway, another part like a UK secondary road,
> another part like a UK tertiary road, and another part like a UK
> trunk road. I think these are completely different systems.

I don't know enough about US roads to really able to comment, but
is this just not the difference between:

  highway=trunk; ref=US666

and

  highway=secondary; ref=US666

I used trunk there rather than motorway, on the basis that in most
countries motorway is a very specific legal classification and I don't
think any US highway would ever meet that standard? if not then by all
means use highway=motorway with an appropriate ref tag.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/