[OSM-talk] Privacy - Time - Houses

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Fri Aug 17 19:10:40 BST 2007

Hi,

> I would propose Viking, a GPS desktop application I'm working on.

thanks a bunch for Viking! I planned to use it for mapping tour
planning, comparing the OSM maps with the ones of the competitors.

Unfortunately, it didn't display Google maps or sats at higher zoom
levels. The cache contains some HTML files instead of image files:

 ~/ > cat .viking-maps/t11s1z0/34166/23194
<HTML><HEAD><meta http-equiv="content-type"
content="text/html;charset=utf-8">
<TITLE>302 Moved</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>
<H1>302 Moved</H1>
The document has moved
<A
HREF="http://www.google.com/sorry/?continue=http://kh.google.com/kh%3Fv%3D19%26t%3Dtrtqttrtrtrrstrsq">here</A>.
</BODY></HTML>

Any change to fix the URL in my installation, maybe via some config
file?

Concerning Lin Mac Win builds, I'd prefer a statically linked Linux
binary. I don't have a recent GTK installed (and cannot do it without
updating a lot of other stuff which is less fun on a Gentoo box :) .
Thus the current HEAD code won't build on my machine.

I could build a package on my Mac, but needed some guidance then.

Best regards,

ce