[OSM-talk] Length od ways and dual named ways

Joe Hildreth xavier at gtec.com
Sat Aug 18 17:34:02 BST 2007

Hello all,

    Have a couple more questions. Thought I would get your input.

1) What is the longest a way should be made. For example, If I am on the interstate and drive a hundred miles, should I break that down into 5, 20 mile ways?

2) In some cases highways share the same segment of road before splitting back out. How is the best way to represent this. Do I just give it two name tags? or do I create two ways that overlap one atop the other?

Warm Regards,

Joe Hildreth