[OSM-talk] fuel type suggestions

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Sun Aug 19 10:51:17 BST 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007 07:13:38 Jeffrey Martin wrote:
> In Korea most LPG fueling stations are separate from the other
> stations that sell gasoline and diesel.
> I'm not really sure how to tag that.
> fueltype=
> If I bothered to look there may be some stations that don't allow large
> trucks.
>
> The only thing I found on the wiki was a set of tags used in Iran.
>
>  amenity=car_wash for car washes.
>  amenity=fuel
>  fuel_diesel=0 or 1
>  fuel_cng=0 or 1
>  fuel_petrol=0 or 1
>  fuel_super_petrol=0 or 1

Should it not be fueltype=diesel;lpg;petrol? Or just lots of
fueltype=diesel;fueltype=lpg etc.

There are lots of instances where we need multiple values for tags, it would
make sense to standardise on a method like separation with semicolons or
multiple entries and encourage all apps to support that.

Better than new keys for every fuel type!

Kind regards,
Tom

--
| Green Party Speaker on Intellectual Property and Free Software |
| http://tom.acrewoods.net    ::    http://www.greenparty.org.uk |