[OSM-talk] Slippy Map update

Jeffrey Martin dogshed at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 07:40:44 BST 2007

On 8/20/07, spaetz <osm at sspaeth.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 09:37:53AM +1000, Brent Easton wrote:
> > Now that I have learnt to say 'The Mapnik layer of the Slippy Map' ;),
>
> hehe, sorry for being an ass here.
>
> > I haved added a brief paragraph to the FAQ 'How do I see my changes' section with cutoff time guidelines for various areas of the world to get your changes in, to be guaranteed to see them in the Mapnik layer of the following weeks slippy map. Hopefully this will help others like myself who are wont to miscalculate timezone conversions.
>
> Thanks for improving the FAQ

I'm a little confused.

Tell me if I have this right.

There's the Osmarender software that is used to make the osmarender
layer on the OSM website and the tiles at home project uses mapnik to
make the mapnik layer on the OSM website.

But these renderings are separate from the software and someone could
use either software  setup to make maps with a different set of rules
if they set up their own big giant server.

Do I have this right?

--
http://bowlad.com