[OSM-talk] Islands in rivers

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Thu Aug 23 00:53:16 BST 2007

Hi Alex,

I couldn't get waterway=riverbank to work at all either. I thought it wss only proposed at this stage. I also found the way of setting up the ways to be quite complex.

I found it easiest to create a series of ways with natural=water. Islands are then natural=land,layer=1. Have a look at http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-34.840187317785784&lon=150.6559139238137&zoom=13&layers=B0F for an example. Each piece of river has the segments in the opposite order to the adjacent sections so that the 'connecting' segments can be shared.

Regards,
Brent.

On 22/08/2007 at 6:10 PM Alex Mauer  wrote:

>After being pointed in the right direction for getting the Yahoo WMS
>layer(s?) properly lined up in my area, I've begun doing some work on
>rivers around me.  At least one of the rivers is large enough to require
>the use of waterway=riverbank to define it.

Brent Easton
Analyst/Programmer
University of Western Sydney
Email: b.easton at uws.edu.au