[OSM-talk] Islands in rivers

Stephen Gower socks-openstreetmap.org at earth.li
Thu Aug 23 10:52:21 BST 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 06:10:51PM -0500, Alex Mauer wrote:

> I've run into a couple of problems though:
> First, if I try to break the river down so that it's multiple ways, it
> doesn't render properly at all: the renderer makes a straight line
> connecting the end of the way to the beginning of the way.

  What happens if you make opposite banks part of the same way?  From
  what you describe is happening, you might get chunks of rendered
  river.  ASCII Art to describe what I think might happen, A>A>A is
  one riverbank way, B>B>B is another, | \ and / are where "the
  renderer make a straigt line connecting the end of the way to the
  beginning of the way

  A<A<A<A<A<AB<B<B<B<B<B<B<B<B<B

  Pure speculation here, someone might actually know!