[OSM-talk] JOSM geometry support

Martin Simon ms_mailbox at web.de
Thu Aug 23 13:53:01 BST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 23. August 2007 01:28:33 schrieb Frederik Ramm:

> I think we should collect these requirements and make a "geometry"
> plugin. (Maybe move the "align nodes in circle/in line" functions there
> as well.) I'm a bit unsure at the moment how one would best implement
> these functions without interfering too much with traditional JOSM
> functions - maybe create an extra layer or so... what geometry functions
> do *you* want and how would you like them?
>
> Bye
> Frederik

I dont know if this is the right subject for this suggestion(actually, I think
it's not ;-) ), but what about a plugin to automatically open all .gpx files
in a given directory that have points in a defined area(say: the current
view)?

I have a growing collection of gpx tracks on my disk and tried to create
filenames that would help me to remember WHEN I created them (pretty easy)
and WHERE (not-so-easy for longer tracks).

Often I download a area from josm and _know_ that I have created tracks there,
but cant find them because the areas name is not represented in the filenamen
(for example because I only drove trough it between two main mapping areas).

OK, I could simply load *all* tracks, but this slows down JOSM to a point
where working with it is nearly impossible ;-)

MfG,

Martin