[OSM-talk] JOSM geometry support

Charles Basenga Kiyanda kiyanda2 at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 23 13:58:09 BST 2007

> I dont know if this is the right subject for this suggestion(actually, I think
> it's not ;-) ), but what about a plugin to automatically open all .gpx files
> in a given directory that have points in a defined area(say: the current
> view)?

I like to merge tracks per area using babel. It's a one liner in linux.

babel -o track1 track2 -f gpx -x merge -O area1 -F gpx

or something like that. I've been too busy to work on tracks lately, so
it's been a while I've done this. I'm sure I have something wrong there,
you'd have to look up the babel help file. It's not that difficult to
figure out. It took me a while (as a newbie) to figure this out. At some
point, I should go and make the wiki page that explains this more
understable or easier to find.

Charles