[OSM-talk] YWMS plugin: layer alignment, white tiles

Francisco R. Santos frsantos at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 17:16:14 BST 2007

On 8/23/07, Alex Mauer <hawke at hawkesnest.net> wrote:

> Is the YWMS plugin for JOSM being maintained?

Yep, I maintain it.

First, tile alignment should be set for the entire layer, rather than
> per block of tiles.

This is not a problem of the YWMS plugin, but of the wmsplugin. YWMS (Yahoo
WMS) just serves images to  wmsplugin, that is the one that can align them.
However, I don't know who is maintaining wmsplugin.

The second problem really makes the first even harder to work around:
> Often some tiles, or portions of tiles, in the downloaded blocks will be
> blank white -- this is always the tiles that are partially "outside the
> block" on the right or bottom.  This makes it even harder to align the
> blocks with each other, since lining them up requires placing common
> features on each block so they overlap precisely -- and when it's plain
> white, there are no common features!

Yes, I've seen these white zones sometimes. I'll add to my TODO. Thanks

Regards,
Quico