[OSM-talk] Validator: similarly named ways

Jon Bright jon at siliconcircus.com
Sat Aug 25 20:19:23 BST 2007

Hi Francisco,

Francisco R. Santos wrote:

> Yes, you can add tickets for JOSM and its plugins at
> http://josm.openstreetmap.de/newticket
> <http://josm.openstreetmap.de/newticket>, but the list is also ok.

Thanks, will do in future.

>     It's complaining about similarly named ways: the ways in question are
>     "Wasserstraße" and "Königstraße".  Those names seem sufficiently
>     dissimilar that I think it shouldn't be doing that...
>
> I have created two residential ways with these names and they are not
> marked as similar with latest version (3639). Where are these ways located?

http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=51.38612878542754&lon=7.391655605389417&zoom=16&layers=B000F000

Wasserstraße is just to the right of the river on the left (it's a stub
- I have the street-name sign but haven't mapped the street itself yet).
  Königstraße is in the top right.  Both are highway=unclassified.

I'm also using 3639 and having just freshly downloaded the data, I still
see the problem.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.