[OSM-talk] namefinder & permalinks on main slippy map

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Wed Aug 29 10:48:49 BST 2007

Tom Hughes a écrit :

>> but would be better to have the real, working links:
>> Unclassified road <a
>> href="index.html?mlat=46.052758&mlon=14.501810&zoom=16"
>> onclick="setPosition(46.052758, 14.501810, 16); return
>> false;">Cankarjeva cesta</a>, less than 1km south-west of Ljubljana
>> ... to have links ready for copy-pasting, opening in new tabs...
>
> It's a backward step for the vast majority of people who just want
> to seek to that point on the map though as it forces a round trip to
> the server and a full reload of the page.

In the Stephan proposition i see a "return false" at the end of the
"onclick" argument.

As far as I know, this return statement prevent the reload using href
when the user click the link. This means no change from the current
behavior, and a working link if you do "right-click, copy link location".

(Need to be tested to be sure)