[OSM-talk] Never again :-)

Andrew MacKinnon andrewpmk at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 06:29:49 GMT 2007

> I was just returning from a trip to Coventry on Friday morning and
> thought I'd do a couple of streets I'd missed while I was passing.
>
> I was just doing one small cul-de-sac I'd missed on a previous visit
> when a guy came out of his house, asked me what I was doing and then
> advised me not to continue to the end of the road. I got the feeling he
> didn't believe my mapping story. Bearing in mind this was at 7am, when I
> least expected I'd be met by any opposition!

You're on public property, you have nothing to worry about. Though
some people seem to think there is something inherently suspicious
about walking about at odd hours (like the middle of the night)... I
got stopped by the local cops in Kingston once while walking about
late at night (not mapping though), doing nothing bad... would never
happen in Toronto though, it's a 24 hour city.