[OSM-talk] State of JOSM

Sun Dec 9 13:28:53 GMT 2007

Ray Booysen wrote:

> I'm also getting tired of the moment a person mentions something in
> the list around a drawback or what other people think, we get a
> response saying "Don't complain, do something about it."

Ok, but in that case you need to be very, very careful not to state
absolutes ("because of how unusable JOSM has become") when it's
actually just your opinion. Phrases like that, and bandying around
aggressive words like "stupid" or "disaster", just hack our (very
few) developers off and provoke the response "well, do it
yourbloodyself then".

I've heard so many positive comments about the "new JOSM", and I
trust Frederik's judgement enough to know that he wouldn't have
changed it without a reason, to unquestioningly believe any
statements that "it is unusable, full stop". Nor am I doubting that
you hold your opinions strongly and with good reason, but clearly
there's more than one side to this story.

(That's just a point of order, I don't have any opinions on new vs
old JOSM because I don't use either.)

cheers
Richard