[OSM-talk] Give Way/Yield signs

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Sun Dec 9 15:44:30 GMT 2007

On 09/12/2007 14:55, Gervase Markham wrote:
> Do we map these? I can't see any info about them on the Mapping Features
> page. Is there any point? Would it ever be useful?

There's nothing at present, and it would need more than just a node at a
junction. The whole area of junction modelling is something that has
come up from time to time.

One thing I get quite often is this situation:
http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=52.31666739302791&lon=0.061778455071401464&zoom=17&layers=B000F000

The "main road" is not the continuation of the road of the same name.
Here, the give way was against the dead end to Fen End, while the other
part of Fen End curved round into Wilford Furlong. I try to make this
clear with a few extra nodes when this happens (compare with how the
other end of Wilford Furlong meets Rockmill End)

David