[OSM-talk] changing EXIF header of pictures - was State of JOSM

Jo ml at winfix.it
Mon Dec 10 08:03:05 GMT 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>    I'd really like to be able to import *any* file (specifically audio files)
>>    and use the file creation time to position it.  Being able to play the
>>    file by clicking on it would be a bonus.
>>

> It's not possible the way you want it at the moment, but if your GPX
> file contains waypoints with <link href="file:///tmp/myfile.wav" />
> then a little play icon will appear and the sound can be played.
>
> But auto-matching this with a track is a good idea, I bet lots of code
> from the photo stuff could be reused.
>
> Bye
> Frederik

Hi Frederik,

My workflow:

Load GPX, load pictures for it. Use pictures to help with tagging.

Now it would be great if the EXIF header of the pictures could be
updated to include LAT/LONG coordinates, when pressing a specific
button. Then I'm not dependent on the original GPX/timestamp
combinations anymore to use the pictures afterwards.

An extra bonus would be the ability to crop the pictures, so only the
relevant parts (usually the street sign) would remain.

I realise this is probably for way down on your to do list, but maybe
you can at least consider to let it appear on it.

Kind regards,

Jo