[OSM-talk] cycleways

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Tue Dec 11 09:00:16 GMT 2007

On 11/12/2007 08:27, Franc Carter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not clear on how to tag 'cycle routes' on roads that don't have
> a dedicated cycle lane, I have seen numerous cycle signs at the
> corners of roads where there is no dedicated lane.

See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Relations/Proposed/Routes
(and http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Relations)

You can in principle put route=... tags on a road, but this is limited
to one route per road, and relations give the flexibility to have
different kinds of route, plus linking the full route along different
roads (or roads and cycleways in this case).

I believe the cycle map already renders these.

David