[OSM-talk] disputed territories

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Thu Dec 13 20:19:50 GMT 2007

Gervase Markham wrote:
> Tony Bowden wrote:
>>   Decide what language should be used for names on the map (Serbian or
>>   Albanian). This is a highly political decision, so I am not adding any
>>   names until some policy has been agreed upon.
>
> Well, presumably they can go ahead and add all the names they like with
> language tags on? It's just a question about what the untagged version
> has, i.e. what renders by default.

At least in the case of Cyprus, I'm observing that one of the guys
repeatedly removed the name:<language> tags. I don't know whether this
is intentional or because of some restriction of Potlatch, but the edit
war is still ongoing there :-(

> Doing that would allow them to do a backend change to copy all of one or
> the other into the untagged "name" once a decision had been made.

Yeah, still assuming that one of the parties manages to retain all of
the "other" data...

Regards,
Hakan

--
The Key To Immortality Is First Living A Life Worth Remembering.