[OSM-talk] disputed territories

Gervase Markham gerv-gmane at gerv.net
Fri Dec 14 09:27:22 GMT 2007

Tony Bowden wrote:
> Gervase Markham wrote:
>> OK. So something like "the name used by most senior governing body with
>> effective control of an area".
>
> So in the UK, that would be the EU, then? ;)

:-P Better suggestions for wording welcomed. "Up to the level of a
national government"?

I think what we want to capture is that the competency of the EU does
not (yet) extend to being able to make binding statements about what a
particular town or region should be called.

> Perhaps we'd be better leaving
> things a little more vague and coming up with a process of deciding as
> required?

Then the question arises: who decides? Do we have a Jimbo-like
benevolent dictator?

Gerv