[OSM-talk] [Talk-GB] "Unsurfaced road" and "Byway"?

Ben Laenen benlaenen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 15:44:37 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 18 December 2007, Jo wrote:
> Here in Belgium, we don't have an ncn or an rcn, but then it's a very
> small country. I guess we could just use rcn all over the place and
> forget ncn and lcn exist. I must admit that I had started to believe
> that this way of tagging cycle routes was very UK specific. That it
> was the way it's done in the UK. Just like Ulf seems to be believing.
>
> Polyglot

If you haven't discovered the page yet, I've just started a page to make
conventions about using these tags in Belgium, see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_Belgium/Conventions/Cycle_Routes
We have more kind of networks you may think :-)

Maybe we could use the real names of these networks in the "network" key
instead of the UK tags, but the names look general enough to use them
here. Otherwise the renderer needs to know about networks all over the
world...

btw, we'll need a new tag to map the junction networks in Belgium and
the Netherlands anyway, so expect a non UK-centric cycle tag soon :-)

Greetings
Ben