[OSM-talk] Cycle junction networks (was "Unsurfaced road" and "Byway"?)

Ben Laenen benlaenen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 18:41:01 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 18 December 2007, Gregory wrote:
> Can we clarify why there are two routes on one way?

It's not the routes which have numbers. "route 10" doesn't mean anything
here. It's the junctions which have the numbers. Say I'm at junction
number 10, and I go to junction 20. That route will display arrows with
the number 20 until I'm at that junction, but if I would start from 20
and go to 10, then I see arrows with the number 10 on the same way but
in the other direction, hence why the route at this time gets this
tag "10-20": it runs between junctions 10 and 20.

> Is it that at junctions there are signs saying:
> -left is route 10
> -also go left if you want route 20

No, at a junction you get signs like:

(5)
← 20
↑ 10

that means: you have now arrived at junction 5, the junctions you can go
to from here are junctions 10 and 20, for 20 go left, for 10 continue
this road.

Ben