[OSM-talk] Render icons for parking areas

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Dec 18 23:41:37 GMT 2007

Hi,

> why does the icon blindly get placed at the centre of gravity?

It isn't. It is placed in the middle of the area's recangular bounding
box no matter where the CG is.

> i am confident the maths to figure out where to place the label,
> whilst ensuring it is inside the bounds of the area (and complying
> with any other set of arbitrary rules), would be fairly trivial to
> implement.

... in XSLT where you don't have trigonometric functions?

> if no-one else is willing/a solution does not exist already, i will
> look into this

By all means, do give it a try. We're in desperate need of one or even
a bunch of people familiar enough with Osmarender to make sensible
changes there - currently our only man for that is 80n and he has many
other things on his agenda. And if you solve the task you've sketched
above then anything else is going to be peanuts ;-)

Bye
Frederik