[OSM-talk] TIGER upload status (State of the States)

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Wed Dec 19 00:05:37 GMT 2007

On 17/12/2007, Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:

> I just went through and added about 400 more counties.  But, this is a
> time-consuming process, and I'd love some help with it.  So, if you
> could take a look at:
>
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~daveh/tiger/upload-queue-missed.txt
>
> And scan for the counties that we haven't uploaded and also don't have
> any data, it would be much appreciated.  Extra points if you send me a
> diff to the upload queue file: :)
>
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~daveh/tiger/upload-queue.txt
>
> You can see the names of all the counties overlaid on OSM here:
>
> http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/osm/counties/
>
> We especially need a look at the following states: PA, NY, WI, OH, IL,
> VA, TX.  I know that the Chicago area has a lot of existing data, and we
> really need someone to commit to merging that stuff together.

Just been looking at PA...

It looks like the following have already been imported...

#PA/TGR42003.ZIP,Allegheny
#PA/TGR42005.ZIP,Armstrong
#PA/TGR42013.ZIP,Blair
#PA/TGR42017.ZIP,Bucks
#PA/TGR42021.ZIP,Cambria
#PA/TGR42037.ZIP,Columbia # partly, missing out bloomsburg
#PA/TGR42039.ZIP,Crawford
#PA/TGR42045.ZIP,Delaware
#PA/TGR42051.ZIP,Fayette
#PA/TGR42059.ZIP,Greene
#PA/TGR42063.ZIP,Indiana
#PA/TGR42089.ZIP,Monroe
#PA/TGR42091.ZIP,Montgomery
#PA/TGR42093.ZIP,Montour
#PA/TGR42101.ZIP,Philadelphia
#PA/TGR42113.ZIP,Sullivan
#PA/TGR42129.ZIP,Westmoreland

Not been imported, but have some small amount of data...

#PA/TGR42007.ZIP,Beaver # some place names, some green and two very
low res bits of freeway
#PA/TGR42009.ZIP,Bedford # seems to have green space and a single
freeway (I-76/I-70) and a river
#PA/TGR42019.ZIP,Butler # some of I-79, a lake and a small section of
crossing 'trunk' road
#PA/TGR42073.ZIP,Lawrence # as Beaver, same two freeways + another
small section of freeway (I-79)running into Butler and Mercer
#PA/TGR42085.ZIP,Mercer # two crossing freeways, north-south (I-79),
east-west (I-80?) plus junction
#PA/TGR42121.ZIP,Venango # some place names, one freeway, I-80?, along
the south edge, PA state route 27/36 in low res across the north-east
corner

I hope this helps...