[OSM-talk] Cycle junction networks (was "Unsurfaced road" and "Byway"?)

Ben Laenen benlaenen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:30:23 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 19 December 2007, Dave Stubbs wrote:
> OK, so doing a few tests with doing:
>
> Nodes:
>   ncn_ref -- render red number
>   rcn_ref -- render cyan number
>   lcn_ref -- render blue number
>
> Ways:
>   as before
>
> I find that as long as the ways don't have refs of their own it works
> pretty well.
> http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~random/nodenet.png (just rendered for
> rcn)

Looks very nice to me, I guess we can go forward with this way of
rendering (unless we find a different kind of network here which needs
the rcn tags :-) )

If weather permits I'll map a few routes here in the next days.

I have still one question about mapping the routes: how to represent the
parts of the routes which are one way only with relations (so where the
route to and from a junction diverge for a while)?

Greetings
Ben