[OSM-talk] Geolocation photos - what software/hardware do I need?

Niccolo Rigacci osm at rigacci.org
Fri Dec 28 13:55:58 GMT 2007

> Or do I just need some software that I can point to a folder of time stamped
> jpegs and add all the lat/lons from a gps log file? Where would I get such
> software that is free or worth paying for?

You can use a software-only solution, just sync the camera clock
with the GPS as close as possible. I keep my camera on UTC to
avoid daylight saving time headaches.

Then save all the photos in a folder, export the track as a GPX
file and use the Digikam program with the kipi-plugins. Digikam
is included with many GNU/Linux distributions based on KDE, may
be also a live CD can have it.

Look at this tutorial with screenshots:

http://linuxappfinder.com/blog/add_gps_coordinates_to_your_photos

--