[OSM-talk] Yah** imagery

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 15:29:13 GMT 2007

On 2/6/07, lewispusey <lewispusey at earthlink.net> wrote:

> "With the yahoo
> photography, OSM could have maps that are vastly superior to those
> supplied by other web-based mapping services"
>      Not so. I'd invite you to check out those other "services" and see how
> they do things.

If they are google, they write their own code from scratch and buy a
million servers.  If you are almost anyone else, you hire decarta and
pay $$$$$$$ for dds.

Which other web services are you talking about and which of their
development processes relevant to OSM?

 It might speed up your developement process considerably.

I was actually talking about "maps" as in "cartography".  By vastly
superior I mean that OSM's maps could have a lot more detail, a better
considered cartographic style and a faster update cycle than others.

Nick

> Lewis

Nick Black