[OSM-talk] Osm2Pgsql problem linking to libxml2

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Fri Feb 9 16:46:30 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-09 15:49:02 +0000, yuri bay <ksh_wong at msn.com> wrote:
> I am still trying to solve the osm2pgsql compiling problem.  I wanted to use
> OSM on winGRASS and need to import OSM data into PostgreSQL.  Since
> osm2pgsql requires libxml2, I have managed to installed the libxml2, and
> have downloaded the libxml binary files as wll.  But regardless of that I am
> still having problem to compile osm2pgsql??  The following is the errors and
> I would be grateful if someone could help.  Many thanks
>

> gcc osm2pgsql.c -o osm2pgsql -L c:/libxml/ -lxml

There's probably a small error here. Usually, the path where a library
can be found is directly attached to -L, with no whitespace in
between.

Please check that in C:\libxml, there's the libxml2.so.xxxxx file.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
 Signature of:                            If it doesn't work, force it.