[OSM-talk] scanned map -> osm format

chippy chippy chippy2005 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 23:45:57 GMT 2007

You can use the WMSplugin for JOSM which would do just that, using
Metacarta's Map Rectifer tool http://labs.metacarta.com/rectifier/
Rectify the image, get the image id and enter it in via the plugin.

more info here:
http://thinkwhere.wordpress.com/2006/12/08/josm-plugin-for-wms-map-rectifier/

download the plugin here
http://chippy2005.googlepages.com/wmsplugin.jar

Frederik Ramm did loads of great work on it recently.You may need the
latest version of JOSM to run it. Its still a work in progress,
hopefully we'll be announcing a stable release soon, with more details
to come, but you might find it useful in the meantime.

tim