[OSM-talk] questions on the JOSM applet

Joshua Marinacci joshua at marinacci.org
Wed Feb 14 00:37:19 GMT 2007

Hi guys. I'm new to the list. I was wondering where I could download
the JOSM applet and where I could find out the protocol info for it's
tile server.

A bit of background:

I'm an engineer at Sun and I work on SwingLabs: a set of open source
Swing components for desktop Java applications and applets. I have
been working to build a set of mapping components. These components
let you quickly build mapping applications, draw overlays, attach
waypoints, use animations, etc.  Currently we only support a tileset
generated from NASA's Blue Marble Next Generation dataset.  This
works for some applications but many developers are interested in
working with street data as well, and my hunt for unencumbered street
data led me to you.

You can read more about them on my blog entry here:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/joshy/archive/2006/12/a_mapping_chris.html

Thanks!
	Josh

- Blasting forth in three part harmony!