[OSM-talk] Subway station vs. subway entrance

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Mon Feb 19 06:17:30 GMT 2007

On Sunday 18 February 2007 11:33, Guenther Meyer wrote:
> Am Sonntag 18 Februar 2007 04:37 schrieb Iván Sánchez Ortega:
> > Hi,
> >
> > When mapping the subway network of a major city... should we tag just one
> > node per subway station, or should we tag every subway entrance[1]??
>
> I would prefer to have only one icon per station, placed in the middle.
> This should be sufficient, because when you are near this point one can
> usually see the entrances.
> drawing every single entrance would clutter up things.

well; what about putting all entries into the database, but only render them
below zomm level 1000. This would make the datamodel as complete as possible.
And add one point where the estimated center/train of the Undergroudstation
itself is.

--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)

http://www.ostertag.name/
TeamSpeak2: ts2.ostertag.name, user: tweety, Channel: "GPS Drive"
irc://irc.oftc.net/#osm
Tel.: +49 89 420950304