[OSM-talk] Unmapped areas and map confidence

Ben Robbins ben_robbins_ at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 18:54:11 GMT 2007

In reference to the FIXME and Edge of Known Universe Proposals.

FIXME:

This would work visaully once a map is rendered, but be ineffective prier to
that.

Edge of Known Universe:

The known universe to one person is not the known universe to another.  Even
as groups this would not work.  In the long run this will work less and less
as areas all merge together.  I don't think this will work.

This was discussed on IRC a while ago and as a result I stuck the following
page on the wiki.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/More_to_be_Mapped

I was awair of all the other similar proposals above, but this problem
requires more than just a new tag to really solve it I believe.   A
discussion would be nice, whereever...just somewhere would be nice to make
some progress on the matter.

Ben