[OSM-talk] Several approved features moved to Map_features page

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Feb 19 19:44:06 GMT 2007

Ahoy,

On Monday 19 February 2007 18:31:49 Ben Robbins wrote:
> I just wanted to check, because I am astonished that landuse=village_green
> got in there.  A village green is just grass.  And really...are we going to
> start adding closed ways for every bit of grass that can be publicly
> accessed?   I shore as hell won't be adding this tag to the villages I've
> mapped.

My rule of thumb for 'random bits of green' in urban areas is "would this make
the area easier to navigate, and/or would somebody be looking for this on the
map?" I'm sure there are village greens that meet either or both of those
criteria...

Regards,
Tom

--
| Green Party Speaker on Intellectual Property and Free Software |
| http://tom.acrewoods.net    ::    http://www.greenparty.org.uk |