[OSM-talk] Several approved features moved to Map_features page

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Feb 19 19:25:34 GMT 2007

> They [village greens] are often significant where the middle is, but in
all the ones that
> come to mind for me, they trail off into smaller areas of grass and
> sometimes then link into fields.   Its sticking an acurate border that I
> think is to difficult.  And if the border is simply where the grass ends,
> then I would have to be adding hundreds apon hundreds of bits of
> grass.  And
> the problem there is, because of the way roads render thicker than there
> realisitc size, they just would'nt fit in.

In my experience, very many village greens are triangular, delimited by
roads and have houses on the other side of the road. They are usually cared
for, and distinctly different in character from the neighbouring fields.
They are a distinctly English phenomenon though.

But anyway, they are there now. It wasn't my proposal in any case (I don't
think it was, anyway), but I am happy to have supported it.

David