[OSM-talk] Several approved features moved to Map_features page

Ben Robbins ben_robbins_ at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 19:16:08 GMT 2007

>Sorry, I only realised that page was there at the end of moving things. I
>will try to to back to the history to add them. The vote pages are still
>there,of course.

Thanks, that will be appreiated.

>Also, some village greens are extremely significant landuse. For example, I
>used to work in Barrington, Cambridgeshire. The village green is some 800m
>long!

>If you don't want to map them, so what. Someone else will in time no doubt.

They are often significant where the middle is, but in all the ones that
come to mind for me, they trail off into smaller areas of grass and
sometimes then link into fields.   Its sticking an acurate border that I
think is to difficult.  And if the border is simply where the grass ends,
then I would have to be adding hundreds apon hundreds of bits of grass.  And
the problem there is, because of the way roads render thicker than there
realisitc size, they just would'nt fit in.

But yes, its all a wiki, so If someone else thinks they can fit them in in
the future then they are free to do so, But I do not think it is posible in
the exsamples that come to mind.  I didn't ever mean to suggest in any way
that I think nobody else should be able to use that tag, and I can't seem to
find the line that would seem like I did suggest that.

Sticking a node where the central meeting point for village occasions would
be posible, but stating the area is not really posible.

Ben

Ben