[OSM-talk] OSM > Shapefile and MySQL linkage, help.

GodSmurf godsmurf at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 03:35:01 GMT 2007

Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> GodSmurf wrote:
>
>> [planetosm-to-db.pl]
>> Thanks for the input there.
>> Tried running the perl script but it keeps erroring out saying
>> about @INC's.
>> I've copied stuff from the perl utils page but it still keeps
>> erroring out.
>
> You'll need to download a handful of Perl modules, both those
> specific to this script and some more general modules.
>
> For the former, make sure you've got all the files in sub-directories
> of /utils/planet.osm/perl/ , and that the directory structure is
> preserved.
>
> For the latter, you'll need to install DBI (I'd guess you'd have this
> already), Getopt::Long, Pod::Usage, and Bit::Vector, all of which are
> available from CPAN. On OS X I'd do 'sudo -mcpan -e shell' followed
> by 'install Getopt::Long', then 'Pod::Usage', etc. It'll almost
> certainly be different on Windows, but the (ActiveState?) Perl docs
> should explain that to you.
>
> cheers
> Richard

I've managed to find a Unix box so if anyone could do me a favour and send
me the OSM file for the UK... I would be grateful again.

I would get it myself but I can't connect with JOSM. I've tried using my
registered email address but doesn't connect.

I know I'm just one problem after another.. I'm awesome.