[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] Do any sat-navs log?

Barnett, Phillip Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk
Fri Feb 23 01:27:40 GMT 2007

Good overview Andy.

Couple of points -

Garmin 'not good at nights'? What does that mean? I've never noticed mine needing daylight to operate...

Limited tracklogs on handhelds? Not any more. The modern Garmins (x series) have micro-SD cards, up to 2Gb, as I recall, which means even logging at one point a second, they are pretty much infinite capacity ( I think I worked out you could get a years worth of logs on one card)

Oh, and Garmins can take OSM maps.

(Sorry, this sounds like a Garmin advert, I know...)

Phillip

PHILLIP BARNETT
SERVER MANAGER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD