[OSM-talk] osmarender tile server broken?

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Sat Feb 24 16:24:36 GMT 2007

The best (FS) method would be to format a partition to have lots more
inodes, but I'm guessing that's not a possibility.

Something I considered once before, though I'm not sure if it has any
merits, was to create a new filesystem in a big file on the existing
one, the new one formatted in the ideal way (perhaps even with a
different filesystem). The new filesystem is then mounted with the
loopback device. I have no idea if that would be at all efficient
though.

I've just noticed the more recent replies. I could probably help with
providing an x/y/z -> i function if you want, using (I think) a
morton index.

John