[OSM-talk] summer of code

Jeroen Dekkers jeroen at vrijschrift.org
Wed Feb 28 22:13:49 GMT 2007

At Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:01:20 +0000,
SteveC wrote:

> I think we'll get ignored like last year. Mikel, is there anything we
> can change from the last attempt?

I don't know the previous attempt, but you should probably read the
website to see what google wants and write a proposal according to
that. They probably have a list of criteria somewhere...

> Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 03:47:03PM +0100, Rapha?l Jacquot wrote:
> >> anyone wants to propose something to google ?
> >>
> >> http://code.google.com/soc/
> >
> > I think this would be an excellent thing for OSM to get involved in - do
> > we have any suitable student candidates already involved/interested in
> > OSM (as a precursor to actually talking about what they might do)

You shouldn't worry about student candidates, they will probably be
there. I participated in SoC last year and might do so again this
year. There are probably more students who are interested in OSM. I
think getting accepted by google is the hardest part here, not finding
the students.

Jeroen Dekkers