[OSM-talk] UTF8

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jan 1 17:49:29 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 05:24:14PM +0100, Jonas Svensson wrote:
> I think I figured out the name of
> <http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/osm_edit.cgi?way=2560811> finally.
> If I am correct the name should be "Mor??nende". I have tried to
> correct it using the metacarta-link above but only gets an Internal
> Server Error from OSM.

I've been getting that regularly for the past two weeks -- however, my
edits always seem to go through, so I've just ignored it. I took the
name you supplied from
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2007-January/009761.html ,
pasted it into the edit link, and hit submit, and was able to get it to
change... hm, except when I refresh the page, it went back to what it
was before :/ so I guess that's not actually working.

So, I don't know what's up here. It's possible that particular one can't
be changed via the API becasue of the broken-ness? Or maybe my editing
tool is doing something wrongg.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt