[OSM-talk] Idea for mapping party

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Fri Jan 5 18:59:20 GMT 2007

On Friday 05 Jan 2007 15:47, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > Black Forest, Norway or the less wild parts of the Alps (where you
> > don't need mountaineering skills).
> >
> > Would there be much interest in this and would anyone nearer such a
> > location than myself be willing to help out with the organisation?
>
> I vote for the black forest. You're welcome. It starts just 5km from
> here, and we're at least 3 osm mappers in Karlsruhe.
>
> ce

Looks like the Black Forest is a popular choice. Would be good to go back
there actually, I did go there on holiday many years ago (20 this summer, to
be precise) but was too young to appreciate it properly. I'd prefer July or
August as I'm fairly certain I'll be free then, also the weather should be
OK, based on my memories of my holiday there.

How do we want to organise it? I guess it'll be a case of deciding exactly
where to map first (the Freiburg area was where I went last time, but those
of you based in the area would be best placed to decide, I'd imagine)

Nick