[OSM-talk] OSM Java Applet

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 19:04:08 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 17:25 +0000, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2007, Marcus Bauer wrote:
> > At the moment the OSM Applet times out after 30 seconds which happens
> > quite often with the current server load in which case the last edits
> > get lost.
>
> We'd probably be better off just having it do a retry. That should be
> fairly easy to implement - we already have retry on OSM connect, and on
> yahoo download.

The ten minutes time-out works quite nicely for me and it reduces the
server load. However it would be nice to have the retry in addition the
extended timeout.

My main itch was to get it fullscreen which is possible now.

Other things that come my mind which would be nice to have:

      * insert node into segment
      * menu accessible by keyboard short-cuts
      * delete segments (currently seems only to delete nodes)
      * more speed up

Marcus