[OSM-talk] Any use for GPS-data as shapefiles?

Johnny Doe uucp1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 15:17:50 GMT 2007

--- Rahkonen Jukka <Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:

> My problem
> is that my recordings are made with a field survey
> software and I can take them out just in common GIS
> formats, like shapefiles or MapInfo MIF/MID files.

It's not a problem, i always do exactly the opposite
step - convert OSM data to MapInfo MIF/MID files
and shapefiles. MIF/MID is a simple ascii format,
and if you really want to upload your data as
"tracks", it can be done with some minor perl hacking.
A much better job will be to compare your GIS data
with
the latest planet.osm dump, and upload the missing
polylines as "ways" using OSM API.