[OSM-talk] Removed highway=minor

Dean Earley dean at earlsoft.co.uk
Mon Jan 15 09:11:41 GMT 2007

Sven Anders wrote:
> Hi,
> User:Sandothegrate removed the highway=minor from the Map-Features
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=Map_Features&diff=9737&oldid=9685
>
> Im unhappy about this. I think we need to have also something like the
> "Proposed Features" page when someone want to delete a feature. And also a
> "Depreacted" page where everyone could look which features schould be
> rewriten.
>
> I would suggest to delete highway=unclassified and only use highway=minor
>
> (Every highway is classified, even a minor highway. It makes no sense even for
> those people who do not spead english very well. The transform for one
> feature to an othe could be made by a skript)

highway=unclassified replaced class=minor.
Additionally, (at least in the uk) roads can be unclassified (all given
U numbers)

I mistakenly added highway=minor to the primary map features several
months ago and it was removed soon after.

Personally, I think they should be interchangeable, but I only use
unclassified now.

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean at earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/