[OSM-talk] stats

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 15 15:28:10 GMT 2007

Steve Chilton wrote:
>Sent: 15 January 2007 2:49 PM
>To: talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: [OSM-talk] stats
>
>There has been losts of intestering stuff about server configuration,
>database, etc in last few days, but meanwhile loads of people are doing
>masses of mapping - FredB 5000+ points yesterday, jose 26,000+ in the
>week and Ray J Booysen 1million+ in the month - and there are several
>mapping parties upcoming. In parallel with SteveC's OSMonth I have been
>having a Month of Mapping and have tried to upload some map data every
>day. Could the database stats at:
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Stats be updated to reflect all
>this. Sadly (as I may have said before) I get part of my motivation to
>get out on the bike or sit in front of the editing screen from trying to
>creep up the top 100 table.

I'll do an update tomorrow all being well. However note that the graph
updates will show the node graph stats continuing where they left off even
with the deletes of the TIGER data, this is because currently the raw stats
do not discount deleted items. That will hopefully get reworked sometime in
the future, at which time we should probably do a fresh top 100 list based
on actual data in the db.

So take the stats and the stats graphs with a big pinch of salt for now.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk