[OSM-talk] stats

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Mon Jan 15 15:31:04 GMT 2007

Steve Chilton a écrit :

> Sadly (as I may have said before) I get part of my motivation to
> get out on the bike or sit in front of the editing screen from trying to
> creep up the top 100 table.

I have stopped looking the DB stats. Based on number of points added,
it's not very representative of the work provided.

I motivate myself by watching which surface of the town I'm working on
is covered... And this last 2 weeks I have added more streets to Paris
than the past year. Big thanks to the people who made Y! imagery available !

And also thanks to the tiles at home project. Having the slippy-map updated
rapidly is important for motivation.

My goal is to finish the mapping of Paris in a month or two now that the
server is more responsive. (Just with highway tag. Naming and onewaying
will takes much more times...)