[OSM-talk] OSM and Trackmaster

Francis Augusto Medeiros francis at mgate.com.br
Tue Jan 16 11:08:08 GMT 2007

Hello everyone!

I am a newbie here, and eager to contribute with the project,
specially with maps from Brazil.

You see, some folks in Brazil have a project called Tracksource,
aimed at developing maps for Garmin devices. I don't like its
approach (as I think it's strange to waste time to create things for
a proprietary device).

However, one developer asked me if I'd like to use his tracks, which
are on Trackmaster. My question is: Can I trace tracks on Trackmaster
and have them exported as GPX, so I could still use them in JOSM?

If so, this would be great, as I'd be able to contribute for both
projects at once...