[OSM-talk] Server slowness

Nick Hill nick at nickhill.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 11:44:38 GMT 2007

Richard Fairhurst wrote:

>But as
> developers, we'd also like OSM to be as easy to install and hack on
> our home machines as it is now. I'm not sure that a 40% speed increase
> vs. confusing all our existing developers is worth it.

But to be clear, that 40% speed increase is entirely hypothetical. There is
nothing to suggest that on our current hardware, with our database and usage,
that an OGC database will be at all faster than our arrangement. Probably much
slower.

And we can substantially improve upon current OSM performance.