[OSM-talk] OSM and Trackmaster

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Tue Jan 16 12:11:49 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 12:08, Francis Augusto Medeiros wrote:
> Hello everyone!

Hello first of all.

> You see, some folks in Brazil have a project called Tracksource,
> aimed at developing maps for Garmin devices. I don't like its
> approach (as I think it's strange to waste time to create things for
> a proprietary device).
>
> However, one developer asked me if I'd like to use his tracks, which
> are on Trackmaster. My question is: Can I trace tracks on Trackmaster
> and have them exported as GPX, so I could still use them in JOSM?

First of all you should normally only use gps-tracks from a gps-receiver as
source and these normally have a possibility to export to gpx. This was the
reason we choose gpx as import format for tracks.
You can try gpsbabel. If you don't find a conversion routine in gpsbabel, you
can send me a short track as an example and I'll have a look if we can write
a conversion module in osmfilter to convert these tracks.

-

Joerg