[OSM-talk] Cambridge complete!

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Fri Jan 19 10:20:34 GMT 2007

I am very pleased to be able to say that the City of Cambridge (UK) is now
comletely mapped (all street names, cycleways, key footways, amenities etc,
E&OE). (The osmarender version of the online map seems to reflect the most
recent changes).

I did about 98% of it over the last 3 months: I've cycled every street in
the City, around 1,200 km I estimate, since October, including some of the
outlying areas (various bits of the hinterland is my next goal).

I'm rather pround of this achievement. I was thinking I might do a press
release to the local media. Is this something I'm allowed to do? Is this OK?
Would I be stepping on any toes? Is there anything in terms of
"representing" OSM I should steer clear of? Is it OK to use the OSM logo on
a letterhead?

Secondly, I thought I might produce a poster size printed map of the City if
I did that. Is there a way to get selected high-res tiles out as images so I
can stitch them together into a much larger version than you would normally
get in a browser?

David